Friday 11 May 2018

OUGD602 - Emailing on a Whim

Contacting MOLD Studio
over in New York

I was deep into research for my last extended practice brief. I was researching into the future of food when I came across a magazine called MOLD, a magazine that specifically looks at the future of food. This was perfect research for the brief, however I didn't stop there.

As I am now very interested in the topic, and MOLD have seemed to cover a huge amount of it through their website articles and magazines, I decided I would find an email to contact and go from there. I started to write an email just to say that I love the magazine and content, I then decided that I would introduce myself and then go for it and ask whether it would be possible to visit their studio to see how they work ( I worded it a lot more sucky than that). I then realised before sending that I hadn't found out where their studio actually is.... it turns out its in New York. For a moment I started to think that this was a stupid idea, but then realised I am about to graduate and so if the opportunity to go to New York was every a possibility, I am now in the position where I can take it!

This only happened a few days ago and so I am eagerly awaiting their response...

(below us proof of me emailing them)



.

No comments:

Post a Comment