Friday 4 May 2018

OUGD602 - Hosting an Exhibition

The Rewarding Experience
of Hosting a Show of my Work

One of the most rewarding experiences of this year has been contextualising my work through hosting an exhibition of work produced by myself and two other designers. It's one thing to design something 'nice' on a screen and maybe do a couple of mock ups with it, but its another to actually present the work to the public and spark genuine interest.

This is definitely something I will be doing more of, it was extremely enjoyable, rewarding and it taught me a lot more than my other briefs did. The most rewarding aspect of the experience was seeing people look at my work and talk about it, pointing and commenting. Whether they were admiring or critiquing, it was a great thing to experience and I am very glad that we decided to go through with it.

As well as our work, there was also live music and free drinks flowing which made it feel like more of an event than an exhibition which really worked, especially for our young target audience. Combining a music event with work is an amazing idea and something that I hope to develop.

I have been to an event similar where there was music, crowds, drink and creative work. It was on a much larger scale than ours but it has inspired me to do something similar. With the number of creatives, musicians etc that I now know, it is definitely possible to throw large events of this nature. This is something I will be looking into over the Summer period in London as there there is even more opportunity for this kind of project.




No comments:

Post a Comment